Saturday, November 12, 2011

I caught sight of this idea:

Using a hula hoop as a "loom" for weaving a rug .. so of course I had to have a go. So far I have this :

Although having said all that in the text below - I like this part .. maybe its the Oreo colour combination ...

Looking a little wonky in this one !


I wanted to use wool asI really like these knitted poufs from CB2 and felt that the wool would give a similar feel.

or I now see that World Market have a version ...



Anyway .... I got this cream and brown combo in the Jo-Ann sale ... I'm not sure about it at all, I think the problem is that I have two sofas .. orange and burgandy .. yes I know its a weird mixture and as an ex-colour designer I hate to admit it ... but the burgandy sofa is really white and was left for me by the lovely Clive who returned to England and swapped it for a lunch at the Hunters Hall, Kingscote. but, I digress, he left it with a burgandy throw which is protecting it from children and dogs ... so now with this public confession I must add " buy new throw" to the ever  expanding do-do list.

.. what I meant to say was .. Jo-Ann's didn't have any greens or oranges so I chose the brown and cream, and now I'm not in love with them as I have no place for brown and cream rugs in my house .... give away ? Christmas gift ? suggestions ?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...