Friday, December 2, 2011

I did these a while ago for my friend Kim Walls, founder CEO etc of Episencial.  I worked on the packaging design for some of her products, anyway, for a while I was coming up with ways to re-use the packaging for her products. So I though being that this is the season of wasteful packaging I'd share some of these designs with you:

These were the boxes I used - from the Eric Carle Hungry Caterpiller line




Firstly cut then  apples, plums caterpillars etc out ..



If you look at the top right pear above and the , that was the reverse side of the box - plain off white, so I coloured in the image of the pear and caterpillar so when the mobile hangs there are images on both sides ... 





 ... and make a little "slice" in the card - only the thickness of the card, if you just cut one snip with scissors it won't sit right - trust me on this ....





... slide them together ...




Then all you need to do is string them up, I've used some of the cotton crochet yarn I use for my acorn cozies ..



The tricky part is balancing them so the mobile really works, I can't help with this bit ! its going to be purely trial and error on your part. 

What I did do was hang two loosely on the stick and then adjust them and only then tighten the knots ... 



 And there you have it - your very own Eric Carle mobile .... have fun.

Make ... Create ....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...